A small bio about Kalia.....
JUNE 3, 2019
I usually don't talk about myself, but it's time to #celebrate me since I'm resetting much in my life, and kicking breastcancer to the curb.
Fun facts about me:
* I have two daughters, 25 and 24, and a son, who is 7 going on 17.
* I have dual citizenship for the USA and #Canada. I grew up in Oregon.
* I am the second of three daughters.
* I have never been off the continent, and this is going to change soon because it's a life long dream! I need to be backpacking in Europe with my daughters! I love to #travel.
* I have had 4 concussions (toboggan, baseball, dirt-biking, car accident). I like to play hard and also got rear-ended once in traffic.
* I received international awards for my art as a teenager. I even published my own greeting card designs at age 14.
* I have overcome depression and anxiety, both of which I was told I would have for life. I didn't buy that story. I'm free of both now.
* I used to play hardcourt bikepolo. So fun!!
* I play 4 musical instruments - 5 if you consider a harmonica an instrument. The piano is my favourite instrument to play.
* I used to be a long-distance runner including marathons. I even ran what was touted as the world's hardest half-marathon -- straight up a mountain, and then straight down.
* I am a dreamer, and I love big . I love to write, to compose music, to create anything artsy, including wands and acrylic on canvas. I love cooking, gardening, hiking (11,700 ft highest elevation), biking, hugging, singing, camping and driving fast.
* I can sew almost anything. I used to reupholster RV cushions, alter wedding dresses, and you name it, I've sewn it. It's one of the reasons why I love to create capes.
* I am trained as a shaman and a reiki practitioner, but what I do is so much more comprehensive. I see 'dead people', I channel spirit messages, and speak several dialects of universal light language. I've always seen through the veil to the other side since a wee child, so I've always been connected. You can call me weird -- I don't care. 😉 I own it and I love what I do and who I am.
@ Calgary, Alberta